You are here: / / please excuse . . .
- Loren Eiseley and Rachel CarsonWhen the PBS American Experience story of Rachel Carson aired this week, some might speculate as to what Loren Eiseley thought of the book when it appeared. Wikipedia’s page on Rachel Carson’s groundbreaking Silent Spring cites Loren Eiseley as a leading supporter. In his 2012 New Atlantis essay noting the 50th anniversary of the book’s […]
- What a Mesoscale Convective System Tells YouAfter the Louisiana deluge of 2016, DarkViolin curates an passage from a Loren Eiseley poem, "It is the Rain that Tells You" (The Innocent Assassins).
- So Separate from Me at Death"So Separate from Me at Death" is a short discussion of Loren Eiseley's essay "The Young Fox" from Unexpected Universe.
- Behind the Mask"Behind the Mask" is a poetry excerpt from Loren Eiseley's "Deep in the Red Buttes"
- Lost Unforgettable SeasExcerpt from a poem by Loren Eiseley, "Star Cycles," first published in 1931